Five scientists from the CIMMYT community have been recognized with the Highly Cited Researcher award for 2018 for the influence of their research among their scientific peers.
The list, developed by Clarivate Analytics, recognizes exceptional research performance demonstrated by production of multiple papers that rank in the top 1 percent by citations for field and year, according to the Web of Science citation indexing service.
The honorees include:
- Julio Huerta: CIMMYT-seconded INIFAP wheat breeder and rust geneticist;
- Marc Corbeels: CIMMYT Kenya and CIRAD agronomist, who recently published work on carbon soil sequestration to mitigate climate change;
- Matthew Reynolds: CIMMYT wheat physiologist and Mexican Academy of Sciences member;
- Ravi Singh: CIMMYT Distinguished Scientist and Head of Bread Wheat Improvement; and
- Sybil Herrera-Foessel: Former CIMMYT Global Wheat Program rust pathologist.
It is a significant honor to be part of this list, as it indicates that their peers have consistently acknowledged the influence of their research contributions in their publications and citations.
“This is a tremendous achievement and is a very good indicator for the relevance and quality of [their] publications,” said Hans Braun, director of CIMMYT’s Global Wheat Program and the CGIAR Research Program on Wheat (WHEAT).