Consider a career at CIMMYT if:
- You would like to be part of a team of more than 1,500 professionals working in 40 countries.
- You would like to join a scientific research team that has shaped the pedigrees of leading maize and wheat varieties in developing countries and helps reduce grain prices around the world.
- If you have the scientific training, experience and desire to support sustainable intensification of innovative cropping systems for smallholder farmers.
- If you like travel, diversity and a dynamic work environment.
- If you are not a scientist but would like to work as part of a team conducting agricultural research to help improve livelihoods.
Research fellowships and PhD opportunities
Graduate students (MSc, PhD, postdoc) who have secured funding can apply and conduct their research thesis with CIMMYT. Explore existing research needs on CIMMYT Academy or propose your own research topic that fits with our research agenda.
Internships at CIMMYT present an incredible opportunity to jumpstart your agricultural research career. Interns work directly with experts in the field of maize and wheat breeding, socio-economics, sustainable intensification, natural resource management, nutrition, policy, and sustainable intensification of agriculture.
Interns must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate program — or have completed their degree within the last six months.
Internship opportunities are posted here on an as-needed basis. You may also contact scientists related to your field of study.
There are currently no open internships.
Tenders & Requests for Proposals
We invite vendors and service providers to submit their applications for tenders, requests for quotations, and requests for proposals.
RFP – Managing Field Operations at Daulatabad Farm (Deadline: April 15, 2021)
RFP – Supply and installation of a low humidity seed cold room, Karnataka, India (Deadline: April 22, 2021)
RFP – Supply and installation of a polyhouse, Karnataka, India (Deadline: April 22, 2021)