Ulises Daniel Alvarez Chavez is a Laboratory Research Technician with the Genetic Resources Program at CIMMYT HQ in Mexico. His work includes:
- DNA and RNA Insolation, culture of groundnut for development aflatoxins resistant varieties.
- Tissue culture and molecular biology to complement gene editing experiments.
- Development and standardization of protocols and PCR.
- Virus inoculation and plant phenotyping.
- Development of high performance allele selection methods and identification of the desired cross material.