The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is a cutting edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries.
CIMMYT is a core CGIAR Research Center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future, dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security and improving natural resources. The CIMMYT Regional office for Africa is located at the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) at Gigiri, Nairobi, with country offices in Ethiopia, Senegal, and Zimbabwe. CIMMYT is hosted by World Agroforestry (ICRAF), a member of the CGIAR that is headquartered on United Nations Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya. We invite you to learn more about CIMMYT and World Agroforestry by accessing our web sites: www.cimmyt.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIMMYT is looking for a HR Analyst, IRS and Programs Support. The role focuses on utilizing data-driven insights to support decision-making, enhance IRS HR processes, and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization’s workforce management. This position involves working closely with HQ HR teams, management, and other stakeholders to provide actionable recommendations that align with the organization’s goals
The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Staffing and Recruitment:
- Support Programs’ staffing plans, including internal mobility and recruitment needs in county, primarily for internationally recruited and for other staffing categories (LRS, Consultants, Casuals).
- Serve as HR relay for CIMMYT’s programs in the region.
- Work closely with the international staff to improve work relationships.
- Provide HR policy guidance to international staff.
- Support the preparation of compensation and benefit packages and strategies.
- Contribute to recruitment processes as requested in coordination with IRS and global mobility HR team and the recruitment team, at HQ. This may include HR lead on IRS recruitment processes for the region (Africa).
- Performance Management:
- Analyze trends and metrics of the IRS services.
- Monitor Performance Improvement Plans where necessary.
- Onboarding and Support:
- Support IRS in settling in the country and guide them on administrative and logistical issues.
- Assist IRS with intercultural awareness programs.
- Ensure security services are provided to IRS in compliance with HR policies.
- Support Staff and family throughout the relocation process.
- Liaise with IRS and global mobility HR Management team at HQ and coordinate on and off-boardings, contract renewals as per employment contract life cycles.
- Assist in maintaining HR databases and support in timely enrollment of Staff members and dependents to CIMMYT’s insurance plans.
- Assist in maintaining accuracy of all IRS data in the Human Resources Information System with high level of attention to detail.
- Support HR processes regionally (Africa) and globally as required.
- HR Policy and Compliance:
- Advise on HR policy improvement and propose HR procedures as needed or required.
- Prepare and/or examine documents for exemption processing for all CIMMYT International staff and other protocol related documentation in compliance with the Kenyan laws.
- Support ensuring compliance of activities with international norms of diplomatic protocol and sharing the same with relevant staff and CIMMYT stakeholders.
- Talent Management and Development:
- Contribute to training and other Talent Management initiatives as required in coordination with the training team.
- Managing staff wellness initiatives.
- Administrative and Organizational Support:
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the IRS HR team.
Required academic background, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, International HR, Business Administration, International Relations, Law Degree, or related. Master’s Degree a plus 5-7 years of experience would be required.
- Personal attributes and competencies:
- Fluent English level
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills required in English.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Client Orientation, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
Terms and conditions.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and on competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience. The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years, inclusive of a six-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The application deadline is 01 November 2023.
- CV and Cover Letter should be in PDF and Labelled with the applicants First and Second Names.
- We will acknowledge all applications but will only contact short-listed candidates.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
To apply for this job please visit cifor.zohorecruit.com.