The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Hub Coordinator.
The position will be based at Pusa (Bihar).
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Plan and execute project activities as per project guidelines at farmers’ fields and research farms in collaboration with partner institutions and KVKs’.
- Formulate and execute the climate resilient cropping systems adaptive research trials at designated locations.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation and provide proper reporting in a timely manner as per project milestones.
- Contribute to the training and updating of new knowledge, tools, and technologies to the rest of the staff working in the project.
- Contribute and support the writing of projects, research papers, and other related documents.
- Perform other support activities in R&D and farm/project operations as needed to advance project goals and as instructed by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes
- Bachelor’s in agriculture (B.Sc. Ag).
- Master’s degree in Agronomy/Soil Science/Plant breeding/Plant Protection/extension education/or equivalent.
- Thorough experience of field work and in climate resilient agricultural production technologies.
- Require field experience of minimum 3 years.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience.
- Good understanding of English and ability to communicate orally and in writing on daily routine matters and with respect to research and development documents.
- Must exhibit institutional competencies like, Team-Work, Integrity, Conflict Resolving, Client Orientation and creative thinking.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates must submit the applications via online form available here no later than Thursday, April 13, 2023. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.