By Brenna Goth/CIMMYT
More than 25 speakers will gather with nearly 700 participants in Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, Mexico, next week for the Borlaug Summit on Wheat for Food Security, an event celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Norman Borlaug. Top wheat scientists, policy analysts, scholars and authors will address topics ranging from the history of wheat to current agricultural innovations. Take a look at what some of our speakers have been up to and see the whole list here.
- Wheat scientist Graham Farquhar was recently honored with the U.K.’s Rank Prize for his work developing a technique that led to the “emergence of new commercial wheat varieties.”
- Plant breeder Ronnie Coffman received the inaugural World Agriculture Prize in October.
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen looks at the response of policymakers to food price crises.
- Tony Fischer was recognized at CIMMYT last year for his contributions to wheat science.
- Scholar Uma Lele addresses gender and agriculture on her blog.
- Jikun Huang talks about food demand and supply in China in this Q&A.
- Ashok Gulati gives his opinion on India’s agricultural sector.
- Rikin Gandhi explains how farmers benefit from sharing videos.
Follow #Borlaug100 for more news from the Summit. Sessions will be streamed live from 26-28 March on www.borlaug100.org.