OAXACA – In agriculture, extension agents are change agents: they intervene to bring about change in order to help improve the lives of farmers and their families. They are critical to any extension program succeeding.
MasAgro’s annual Pacífico Sur Hub photo contest “A look at agriculture in Oaxaca” has documented the work of extension agents in the area since 2014. These photos show the field environment where extension agents work every day, by showcasing the agents’ daily work and life, as well as record farmers’ adoption of innovations, from their point of view.
Extension agents working in different regions of Oaxaca have sent in their photos to participate in the following categories: The Oaxacan landscape, The farmer and his/her community, The innovating farmer, and The innovative plot. Out of sixty selected photos that were presented at a 2015 hub meeting, the winning image was chosen to be on the cover of EnlACe magazine’s June 2016 issue. 12 of the top-rated photos on Facebook will also be included in the same issue.
The winners include:
- “Mujeres innovando”, by Yashim Victoria Reyes C.
- “La fuerza de las alturas”, by Jacinto Rafael Valor
- “Cultivo de maíz en área de impacto”, by Oscar Noel Mejía Domínguez
- “Siembra de maíz en módulo de AC”, by Oscar Noel Mejía Domínguez
- “La organización que se niega a desaparecer”, by Jacinto Rafael Valor
- “El productor y sus tradiciones”, by Zenaida Pérez Martínez
- “Un vistazo por la cocina”, by Aminta Olvera Avendaño
- “Atardecer en el campo”, by Zenaida Pérez Martínez
- “Mujer trabajadora”, by Zenaida Pérez Martínez, 48 votes
- “Siembra tradicional en Piedra Azul”, by Jeremías García Orozco
- “La familia”, de Xel Reyes
- “Cosecha de cacahuate”, by Yashim Victoria Reyes Castañón
- “Ociendo el suelo de mi parcela”, by Yashim Victoria Reyes Castañón
Congratulations to the extension agents who took part in the contest and who are aware of the important role that communications play in their activities!