Family farmers produce more than 80% of the world’s food, but often have the least amount of access to support.
On an article published on the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Food Sustainability Index blog, we propose six key actions that can help family farmers thrive in the coming decade:
- Invest in women and youth: Make family farming work for all
- Attract young farmers into tech-smart farming
- Make climate-resilient crops more accessible
- Share practical plant health advice with family farmers
- Help family farmers diversify and grow more from less land
- Translate national and global goals into practical farming support