The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information:www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Manager in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus, located in Texcoco, State of Mexico ( 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico), but will interact with all CIMMYT’s experimental stations and regional offices on a regular basis.
Perform all project management activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of projects as required.
- Monitor and report on a bird´s-eye view perspective on utilization of budget and commitments to facilitate informed decision making of the project leader.
- Define strategic planning, procedures, execution, monitoring, control and closing stages of the project.
- Set and monitor appropriate and measurable performance indicators and targets for different stakeholders.
- Ensure effective deployment of internal and external resources.
- Monitor and evaluate human and financial aspects of performance and facilitate performance management and appraisals.
- Integrate the project reporting, monitoring and evaluation needs into the existing institutional processes and functions.
- Compile and submit reports on new proposals and technical reports for review in collaboration with team members.
- Provide administrative and financial follow up of the project and its progress.
- Coordinate activities and deliverables by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of project coordination unit.
- Review and reconcile financial and technical reports.
- Ensure effective reporting to donors: new proposals, technical and financial reports.
- Execute subcontracts ensuring full compliance to established policy and process.
- Close out projects including knowledge capture and lessons learned.
- Organize project workshops and follow-up on decisions related to Project.
- Ensure institutional integration through Program Director and Knowledge Manager.
- Guarantee optimal stakeholder management.
- Oversee the procurement and management of assets, inventory and other resources.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or BBA in Project Management or similar field.
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive experience in a corporate & non-profit environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and budget management.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and advanced internet skills.
- High level of cultural sensitivity.
- Effective team leadership and high level of responsibility and discretion.
- Ability to work well under pressure as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- ERP experience and knowledge of Project Management Software (e.g., MS Project); PMP Certification (or similar).
- Experience in proposal development.
- Familiarity with SharePoint software.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes Year-end Bonus (40 days), Vacation Premium (56%), Life Insurance and Medical Insurance, Supermarket Coupons, Savings Fund, Social Mexican Benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M15265 Project Manager no later than Thursday, 12 November 2015.
For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.