- This event has passed.
CIMMYT at the International Wheat Congress
September 11 - September 15
The International Wheat Congress (IWC) was merged from two original wheat international conferences — the International Wheat Genetics Symposium and the International Wheat Conference. IWC is a biennial event and the 1st IWC was held in July 2019 in Saskatoon, Canada. The 2nd IWC was planned for 2021 in Beijing, but was delayed to 2022 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The theme of the 2nd IWC is Future Wheat: Resilience and Sustainability and will provide excellent opportunities for participants from around the world to share the latest progress and to develop recommendations for future wheat in terms of research, technology, and transfer. A hybrid form of on-site lectures and online broadcast will be adopted.
The Thematic Areas of 2nd IWC are:
- Diversity, evolution and germplasm
- Triticeae genome structure and functional genomics
- Breeding and new technologies
- Crop management under climate change
- Biotic and abiotic resistance and physiology
- Processing quality, nutrition, and human health