The Corporate Communications Department of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement
Center (known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, www.cimmyt.org) is seeking a candidate for a one-year, paid consultancy to assist in web production, social media management, writing, editing, public relations and event coordination.
Located 40 km outside of Mexico City, CIMMYT is a not-for-profit, international agricultural research- for-development organization that generates and promotes improved maize and wheat varieties and cropping systems for farmers in developing countries to ensure global food security and help combat poverty, hunger and malnutrition.
The Communications Junior Consultant will work full-time assisting department writers, editors and project managers in duties such as:
- Managing CIMMYT social media, including monitoring on-line traffic, use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, and Flickr), and helping to plan and implement social media campaigns.
- Writing, editing and proofing articles for weekly newsletters, annual reports, brochures, and other institutional outlets.
- Developing online content about projects, results, meetings, and partnerships.
- Monitoring conventional media for agricultural and development-related articles.
- Other communications and dissemination tasks, as required and agreed.
The ideal candidate will be able to commit for one year and have an undergraduate degree in communications and/or journalism, a proven interest in social media and knowledge and experience in on-line applications. She/he will also have excellent writing and/or editing experience in English. Knowledge of Spanish, science, agriculture and agricultural development are advantages.
CIMMYT offers Junior Consultants a monthly stipend paid in US dollars, a housing allowance, health insurance and an airline ticket to and from Mexico. CIMMYT will assist in obtaining necessary travel documents, including a work visa. To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest, a resume, two writing samples, and contact information for two references to:
Social Media Coordinator
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.