1st International Wheat Congress (IWC)
July 21 - July 26Can$600 – Can$1800
The Congress is the first meeting of its kind. It will include a balanced program encompassing six areas of wheat research. The program consists of joint plenary sessions and concurrent sessions, with over 100 invited speakers presenting (all plenary sessions will be streamed live on the web and social media platforms). Two poster sessions, field trips, cultural activities, and social events for networking are also included.
The six areas of wheat research featured in the program are:
- Wheat Diversity, Evolution, and Genetic Resources
- Structural and Functional Genomics of Wheat and Wheat Relatives
- Wheat Improvement: Breeding, Physiology, and Enabling Technologies
- Wheat Production Systems: Environment, Sustainability, and Management
- Protecting Yield: Resistance to Biotic and Abiotic Stresses
- Wheat Uses: Functionality, Nutrition, Safety and Human Health
A top priority of the IWC is to promote participation from all wheat growing areas of the world. A portion of each registration fee will be used to sponsor scientists from developing nations by reimbursing them for registration and travel costs. Young scientists and students are encouraged to present their research as either an oral presentation or poster. Several student awards will be presented at the closing ceremony.