The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Treasury Analyst to work in Finance under CSP (Corporative Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Perform electronic transfers to suppliers, payment of services, etc.
- Sign checks, deliver checks to beneficiaries and correctly archive them according to policy and process.
- Enter payments requests in the system while ensuring the accuracy of account codes, authorizations, and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Request quotes to perform currency sales USD/MXN.
- Update and monitor the Exchange Rate.
- Oversee the correct registration of PayPal income.
- Identify and register all cash deposits in pesos and all foreign currencies.
- Report deposits to PMU, PFU, and FPU accounts.
- Prepare income accounting journals for bank deposits received.
- Prepare journal transactions generated by Treasury.
- Serve as backup for the Treasury Analyst.
- Elaborate monthly reports of deposits.
- Keep updated all bank information, contracts, authorized signers.
- Request new bank accounts and close inactive accounts.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a Treasury area.
- Experience in external audit (it is desirable).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- Ability to prioritize and to plan.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Time Management, Teamwork, Proactivity, Problem-Solving and Flexibility.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19138 Treasury Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna email@example.com
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.