The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Unit Coordinator for the Americas to work in the Innovative Business Strategies team of Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop capacity-building strategies with input from regional, participative consultations, and regional and national institutions.
- Facilitate and coordinate capacity building among staff and relevant partners through an inter-institutional working group.
- Coordinate the training team to assure fulfillment of proposed training plans, in collaboration with other units within CIMMYT and external collaborators in the innovation network.
- Design a monitoring and evaluation strategy for IBS capacity building activities and document all the activities and processes.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and impact of the capacity building programs; advise local collaborators on the application of these programs.
- Represent the IBS team within CIMMYT Academy and promote the use of ICT in the development of capacity building strategies
- Identify new collaborators such as universities, research institutions, and private partners, to develop collaborative agreements to develop and achieve training plans.
- Interact with the required areas to obtain all the relevant material to accompany the developed capacity building activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Education or similar field.
- Bachelor Degree in Education or similar field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in organizing formal and informal training programs.
- Experience in managerial positions providing motivation and leadership.
- Good skills in MS Office.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Demonstrated experience with participatory and experiential learning in crop management and agribusiness.
- Excellent communication skills including presentation abilities.
- Verifiable training material outputs and achievements.
- The selected candidate should have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent problem-solving thinking, teamwork, ability to work under pressure, results oriented, and customer service orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18281 Training Unit Coordinator Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, December 07, 2018.
For further information on the selection process, please contact Yareli Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.