The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Coordinator in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Detect training needs of key actors in the agricultural innovation system
- Design and develop different training plans for the project portfolio
- Assure the correct execution of the proposed training plans, in collaboration with other units within CIMMYT and external collaborators.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy for the trainings plans activities.
- Contribute to the documentation of capacity building processes.
- Identify potential collaborators (universities, research institutions, private partners, etc.) to carry out training activities and develop collaborative agreements with them to guarantee the execution of the training plans.
- Contribute to evaluate, the efficiency and impact of the capacity building plans.
- Interact with the “Communication Team” to obtain the necessary didactic material to accompany the developed capacity building strategies
- Carry out activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor to help achieve the objectives of the area.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Education or similar areas. Master degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of holding Training Courses and developing training material.
- Experience in organizing formal and informal training programs for a range of stakeholders, including farmers, extension workers from government, NGOs, and private sector, etc. in agricultural disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with participatory and experiential learning based approaches to increasing farmers’ and service providers’ capacities to adaptively manage crops and agribusinesses.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Ability to analyze complex data, carry out and explain computations or to resolve complex problems.
- Advanced level in using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and IT tools.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Communication, Customer orientation, Problem-Solving and Strategic Thinking.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18147 Training Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 10 April 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.