The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Coordinator in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Detect training needs of key actors in the agricultural innovation system.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy to build capacities, with input from regional, participative consultations and in consensus with regional and national institutions.
- Design training plans to attend the identified needs of key actors.
- Identify potential collaborators (universities, research institutions, private partners, etc.) to carry out training activities.
- Provide guidance to the units of the program on the implementation of training activities in the different areas where the program is active.
- Plan, coordinate and execute training events as necessary.
- Collect data, prepare reports on training events and integrate the information into reports for different donors.
- Contribute to the documentation of capacity building processes.
- Contribute to the execution of the monitoring and evaluation strategy for the capacity building activities.
- Carry out activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor to help achieve the objectives of the area.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication or relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position and activities.
- Proficiency in Spanish with excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in organizing formal and informal training programs for a range of stakeholders, including farmers, extension workers from government, NGOs, and private sector, etc. in agricultural disciplines.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Time Management and Customer Orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of cultural sensitivity and as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18146 Training Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 3 April 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.