The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development. CSISA is CIMMYT’s flagship for sustainable intensification in South Asia and incorporates programming across the innovation to impact continuum in Nepal, Bangladesh, and selected states in India.
Details of the position, location and TOR for the position are below and available at www.jobsnepal.com.
This position will be based in Nepalgunj, Nepal.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Help to develop seasonal work plans and provide technical oversight and backstopping at the field level.
- Ensure that seasonal work plans are implemented and are oriented towards technology extension and scaling, in addition to applied research.
- Provide oversight and supervision for field staff, including CSISA’s field leadership teams and Assistant Research Associates.
- Forge and maintain partnerships that facilitate the scaling of sustainable intensification technologies and management practices.
- Ensure annual M&E targets are collected and reported on a timely basis; make use of M&E progress indicators to inform seasonal plan development and implementation for all geographies and projects.
- Compile and edit contributions from CSISA-Nepal’s districts for semi-annual and annual reporting obligations.
- Assure timely data collection and curation of data from CSISA’s field research activities.
- Assist CSISA’s communications teams in the development of news stories and other media reporting on project success.
- Maintain and encourage a harmonious working environment and provide support to field staff.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- MS in Agricultural Science/Environmental Science, agricultural extension or a social science discipline related to agriculture, or related disciplines.
- Good understanding of predominant cropping systems in Nepal with knowledge of best-bet agronomy, small-scale agricultural machinery, conservation agriculture and climate smart agricultural practices.
- Demonstrated ability to guide field technical staff and provide backstopping and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and curate agricultural data.
- Ability to drive with motorcycle license is desirable.
- Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability communicate and write reports in English.
- At least five years of experience leading or coordinating field activities within the context of large-scale development and research initiatives.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than February 10, 2019.
Please include position and reference number (N19113) in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.