The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP). Please note that this position is a strictly temporary (3 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s Valles Altos Hub, located at Texcoco, State of Mexico, 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support the design and monitoring of the activities of training develop in various parts of the Hub.
- Develop constant visits to points of machinery that are distributed in the territory of the Hub.
- Promote capacity building among farmers, extensionistas and researchers, to support growth and strengthen network innovation.
- Monitor the modules installed by certified technicians and technicians in the process of being certified in the designated HUB region.
- Identify and to train about “best practices” among technicians and producers.
- Supervise, manage and follow up on the logs of records of field operations and results supplied and filled in by certified technicians as well as by technicians in the process of being certified.
- Transmit the principal requirements for demonstration and training events, assisting in the organization thereof.
- Prepare reports on the various modules.
- Carry out any additional tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- It is desirable to have Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 CEFR.
- Sufficient competency to use MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, situations or problems, evaluate possible courses of action and choose
- Schedule availability is required as well as time to travel to field.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Relationship Management, Innovation and Creativity.
The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M18227 Technical Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 17, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.