The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
We are currently looking for professionals to help us in different agronomic regions of the country, so the selected candidate will work in one of the following states: Hub Pacifico Norte (Sinaloa, Sonora, Baja California and Baja California Sur); Hub Pacifico Sur (Oaxaca); Hub Bajío (Jalisco, Guanajuato, Querétaro and Michoacán); Intermediate Scale Hub (Chihuahua and Durango); Hub Golfo Centro (Veracruz and Tabasco); Hub Occidente (Nayarit and Colima); Hub Pacifico Centro (Guerrero and Morelos); Hub Peninsula of Yucatan (Yucatan, Quintana Roo and Campeche); Hub Valles (State of Mexico, Puebla, Hidalgo, Mexico City and Tlaxcala); Hub Intermedio (Zacatecas, Aguascalientes and San Luis Potosí); Hub Tropic Bajo (Chiapas).
- Monitor the modules installed by certified technicians and technicians in the process of being certified in the designated Hub region.
- Identify and disseminate “best practices” among technicians and farmers.
- Supervise, manage and follow up on the logs of records of field operations and results supplied and filled in by certified technicians as well as by technicians in the process of being certified.
- Transmit the principal requirements for demonstration and training events, assisting in the organization thereof.
- Prepare reports on the various modules.
- Support the design and monitoring of the activities of training points that develop in various parts of the Hub.
- Develop constant visits to points of machinery that are distributed in the territory of the Hub.
- Promote capacity building among farmers, extensionistas and researchers, to support growth and strengthen network innovation.
- Carry out any additional tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Intermediate level of English. (English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 CEFR).
- Sufficient competency to use MS Office.
- Schedule availability is required as well as time to travel to field.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Relationship Management, Innovation and Creativity.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18128 Technical Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 11 June 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.