The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Talent and Training Manager to report to the Director of HR.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop a curriculum of mandatory and recommended training opportunities and goals for research/science and administrative personnel, through surveys and analyses of performance results.
- Identify high quality internal and external providers that can provide such training through e-learning or face-to-face interactions, directly (at HQ) or through regional training leads.
- Develop annual workplan of training activities within the approved budget and obtain endorsement of management.
- Report progress against defined goals and training objectives periodically.
- Participate as a leader in the Learning Management System implementation and common objectives of the HQ-based CIMMYT Academy.
- Develop, pilot and mainstream simple mentorship programs.
- Develop and maximize the use of tools for use before and after training (i.e., evaluations, feedback systems and assessment/accreditation).
- Design and implement programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage an organization’s talent pool.
- With the support of a Recruitment Analyst, Coordinate Recruitment activities and provide adequate support to HR generalists who lead the recruitments.
- Evaluate and provide reports regarding the effectiveness of the organization’s talent strategies.
- Prepare for and administer the annual performance management and talent review processes.
- Create and administer organizational needs assessments to determine skills gaps, training needs, etc.
- Effectively analyze and report metrics, including but not limited to succession planning, internal promotions, and development planning. Promote opportunities to use talent metrics to generate deeper insights and drive action in critical areas.
- Direct responsibility for the development and generation of marketing materials to internally promote Talent Management processes through the use of various types of online/print media, and HR partnerships
- Supports the organization’s high-potential leadership development programs, including structure design, facilitation, logistics, etc.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master degree in Education, International HR Management, Business Administration or related field.
- At less 10 years of progressive HR experience in in a global environment, preferably in HR development or organizational development and training or performing similar roles.
- Proven experience in applying teaching tools and platforms, including learning management systems, to increase training efficiency and create more engaging curricula.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and an HR ERP.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR.
- Ability to use strong communication skills to articulate ideas in a way that convinces and motivates others.
- Proven experience in applying a high-level understanding of modern teaching principles, resulting in the creation of pragmatic solutions (curricula, training goals, tools) that support institutional goals and considers CIMMYT’s global program.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Problem Solving, Flexibility/Adaptability, Pro-Activity and Strategic Thinking.
- High level of intercultural awareness with international experience in HR, working in different countries and having been exposed to various cultures.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life insurance and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR/Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18116 Talent and Training Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 24 January 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com). Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.