The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Strategic Partnership Assistant to work in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Gather, analyze, and share information about funders.
- Research and collect potential new funding opportunities and projects.
- Support communications and events with funders.
- Enter data into a variety of databases and records.
- Contribute to the management of grants.
- Contribute to improvements within the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Foster relationships with Programs, Finance, Legal and HR.
- Represent PMU during internal meetings.
- Perform other related tasks within the job level as maybe requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Preferably graduation with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- Oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in various office software and web 2.0 technologies, with strong (either intermediate or advanced) proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Project Management, Problem-solving, Proactivity, Relationship with external Stakeholder, Customer Orientation, Time management, Teamwork and Communication.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18272 Strategic Partnerships Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.