The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Software Developer to work in the Information Technologies Unit (ITU) in CIMMYT. The selected candidate will help us implement the Enterprise Breeding information system, and to be a proactive part of our IT team. The work covers managing complex data relationships, interoperability and scripting tools and programing languages, such as, PHP, Java and JSON. As such, the position offers opportunities to work with agile and challenging software development approaches to enabling dynamic and measurable software releases that meets scientist’s requirements.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze and refine systems requirements.
- Translate systems requirements into applications prototypes.
- Plan and design systems architecture.
- Write, debug, and maintain code.
- Determine and design applications architecture.
- Determine output media/formats.
- Design user interfaces.
- Create unit tests and work with customers to test applications.
- Assure software and systems quality and functionality.
- Integrate hardware and software components.
- Write and maintain program documentation.
- Develop, optimize, and maintain existing Web applications.
- Create front-end interactive components with User Interface Frameworks.
- Create back-end components with PHP, Java, and .NET.
- Build and consume REST services utilizing JSON to integrate different applications.
- Evaluate new applications software technologies.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering with focus on Software Development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- ICT principles, methods, and practices related to information systems.
- Information systems development life cycle management concepts.
- Information systems performance monitoring principles and methods.
- Information systems quality assurance principles.
- Information systems documentation methods and procedures.
- Information systems security methods and procedures.
- Proficiency in all aspects of PHP development with Yii Framework.
- Experience working in agile team environments.
- Experience with design patterns.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18129 Software Developer. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 07 March 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.