The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, innovative, and service-orientated professional for the position of “Senior Manager, Global Financial Services”. As a key member of CIMMYT’s Finance Management Team and under the supervision of the Director of Finance, the selected candidate will manage all financial management aspects and respective finance staff for CIMMYT’s operations outside of HQ. The candidate develops implements and maintains financial policies, procedures, and systems outside of HQ.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. The selected candidate will be expected to travel regularly to CIMMYT regional offices throughout Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as to conferences and other events.
- Lead Financial Management of CIMMYT’s Country Offices worldwide.
- Lead Financial Management of Borlaug Institute of South Asia (India), including supervision of Financial Statements preparation.
- Work in close coordination with the Finance Managers based at HQ to ensure worldwide development and implementation in regional offices/stations of financial policies, procedures, practices and the ERP.
- Leadership in development efficient, effective and service oriented finance processes worldwide
- Work with CIMMYT’s regional and country managers to design and customize financial and administrative management structures.
- Take a leadership position in further development of ERP functionalities.
- Responsible for the consolidation of all financial accounting operations outside of HQ into CIMMYT’s ERP.
- Oversee financial management special programs hosted by CIMMYT.
- Oversee financial management of CIMMYT’s experimental stations in Mexico.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- MBA or Master’s degree in finance/accounting, with preference complemented with an internationally recognized professional accounting designation (e.g. CA, CPA, CMA).
- 7-10 years’ experience in international accounting and financial management, ideally gained in both the private and public sectors in an international, multinational organization.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex cost accounting environments and in supervision of staff. The position requires strong supervisory stills of staff in different overseas locations. Direct experience in an international matrix management structure.
- Extensive experience in financial management with increasing levels of responsibility in a medium-sized to large development organization, managing project-based accounting systems and grant-funded projects. HQ and regional experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
- Proficiency in English. Fluency in Spanish an advantage. Excellent communication skills, orally and written, including the ability to make persuasive presentations in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The position requires frequent contact with a wide variety of actors at different levels within the institution and within the respective countries’ governments.
- Position requires a high level of prioritization, high levels of customer service, and ability to maintain oversight while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience with rapidly growing and transforming organizations. Ability to motivate, focus and influence partners who are not direct reports.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and across functional areas and to work in a stressful environment and under pressure.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Strategic Staffing, Customer Orientation, Communication, Time & Change Management, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Strategic Thinking and Decision-making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18151 Senior Manager, Global Financial Services. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 18 April 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.