The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional’s specialization in Spatial Modeling for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA). The position holder will report to the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia.
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA), Delhi.
- To provide modelling support to the CCAFS team including climatic risk analysis, crop modelling, insurance product development and climate impact assessment
- To support yield forecasting program in different countries
- To develop a tool on social-climate analogues for technology targeting
- To conduct training course to raise capacity of partners in various modelling/IT related tools of CCAFS
- Preparation of research reports, journal manuscripts and policy briefs including other communication products
- Support day-to-day project administration and attend to other duties as assigned in the interest of project.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum M.Sc/M.Tech, preferably Ph.D. or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences, Civil/Computer Engineering, GeoInformatics, Hydrology, Meteorology, or relevant subjects;
- Excellent programming skills;
- At least 3 years of working experience in similar area is desirable;
- Advance knowledge of spatial analysis using R/Python and
- Experience in climate change research, crop modelling and/or Big Data technologies is preferred.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday, 24th July, 2018 to Human Resources, CIMMYT-BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference Number: IN18112 in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.