The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Regional Corporate Services Coordinator that will support the effective regional corporate services coordination at CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico), but will interact with other CIMMYT offices around the world on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of CIMMYT’s Regional Offices Framework;
- Contribute to the implementation of standardized, effective and sustainable corporate services practices in CIMMYT ROs based on joint priority setting;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of communication approaches to support RO coordination;
- Coordinate the planning, monitoring, reporting, and issue management of ROs;
- Support the internal audit of ROs, including during document collection, management response preparation and follow-ups to recommendations;
- Foster relationships with representatives from ROs and Corporate Services;
- Represent the Project Management and Regional Corporate Services Coordinate team during internal meetings
- Support the Director with other activities related to RO coordination, as needed.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Graduation with a bachelor’s or a Master’s degree (preferred) in business administration, public administration, project management or similar field.
- Experience in:
- Coordination role related to the following functions: finance, human resources, fleet management, risk management, information technology, project management and/or internal audit. (at least 5 years)
- Developing and implementing processes, guidelines and tools related to the above noted functions. (at least five years)
- Contributing to planning, monitoring and reporting efforts for a project or service units.
- Collaborating horizontally with units within large organizations in order to implement organization-wide initiatives.
- Providing advice and recommendations to managers (and preferably to executives).
- Knowledge of project management principles and best practices
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills in English, with Spanish language skills desirable.
- Proficiency in various office software at an advanced level, including Microsoft Excel, Teamwork and Google Drive.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life insurance and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR/Infonavit).
Candidates must apply here for M19144 Regional Corporate Services Coordinator by clearly indicating how they meet each of the education and experience criteria for this position in their cover letters. Using each of the education and experience criteria as headers, provide clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how you obtained the experience. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Karen Luna, at email@example.com. Screening and follow up of applications start on Friday, 22 March 2019.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.