The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Manager to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at either CIMMYT’s office in Nepal or India, but will interact regularly with administrative and supportive systems at CIMMYT headquarters and in South Asia. Indicative types of activities conducted by this position are shown below:
- Manage budgets:
- Review monthly expenditures.
- Review field office liquidation reports and funds requests monthly.
- Review and assign budget codes for expenditures as needed.
- Support asset procurements and asset inventories as required.
- Manage contracts:
- Draft and facilitate subagreements with partners.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and technical reports from partners/subgrantees.
- Ensure disbursement of payments as needed.
- Manage contracts and consultancies.
- Lead or support project communications team as needed:
- Generate and/or ensure the production of content for the project´s communications platforms, potentially including web sites, newsletters, brochures, success stories, research notes, reports and social media posts.
- Tailor written products to diverse audiences, including donors, government partners and farmers.
- Edit and copy edit written materials produced by the project.
- Review and approve communications-related expenditures and investments.
- Support M&E and donor reporting:
- Support the project’s M&E staff to update the annual result tracker/results framework for donor.
- Support M&E staff to do indicator reporting if required by donor.
- Coordinate the compilation of content, then edit, and submit project’s annual and semi-annual reports for donor.
- Support and coordinate the development of annual project implementation plans.
- Support the project’s HR activities including recruitment, staff on-boarding, and annual performance evaluations.
- Organize the project’s leadership committee meetings, technical meetings and planning meetings.
- Work closely with the Regional Program Manager to ensure best practices for project management and if required liaise with CIMMYT headquarters: SIP, HR, PMU, Communications.
- Serve as a liaison for implementing partners.
- Oversee project staff as needed.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in field related to agriculture, international development, public affairs, management or business.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, demonstrating progressive management experience, particularly in fields driven by donor-funded projects.
- Experience in writing and editing English-language communications products or reports.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Certificate in Project management.
- Interest in international agricultural research and development.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: communication, proactivity, teamwork, time management, and multi-cultural awareness.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS18138 Project Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Perez (email@example.com) or Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.