The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Assistant to work in the Global Wheat Program (GWP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Report and detailed project management:
- Support on Technical quarterly reports (every three months) and annual reports: establish contact with students, scientists and research partners from private and public sector
- Prepare documents linked to quarterly reports: such as POA (Working Schedule/progress for each activity), quarterly technical extended reports, technical consolidated reports and other deliverables.
- Follow up on meetings and requests.
- Act as project liaison officer during technical audits designed to evaluate progress of project objectives and milestones.
- Manage the schedule for audits (review, modify and inform the scientists and MasAgro coordination staff).
- Prepare audit documentation (e.g. quarterly and annual deliverables).
- Present the information and progress to the auditors when required.
- Attend audits when required.
- Prepare research proposals in conjunction with MasAgro-Trigo partners:
- Draft proposals and contact/negotiate with external partners.
- Prepare documentation required to start collaboration processes and organize the Steering Committee meeting for proposal evaluation.
- Set up the dossier of collaborations and update the compiling folders.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor degree in relevant field; master´s degree in project management is an advantage.
- Proven experience in reviewing and editing technical documents, preferably in the area of crop science.
- Proven experience in project development, management and reporting, contract development, and/or audits.
- Skills and experience compiling databases in excel and basic data organization.
- Ability to organize data derived from research projects and capacity to understand research objectives.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, outstanding attention to detail and ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines when required.
- Availability to travel within Mexico (If required.)
- Intermediate level in English language will be an advantage.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Innovation and Creativity, Time Management, Teamwork. Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18181 Project Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, June 19, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.