The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Network Administrator to work in the Information Technologies Unit (ITU) in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze and define network requirements.
- Define and maintain network architecture and infrastructure.
- Configure and optimize network servers, hubs, routers, and switches.
- Configure and optimize the Unified Communication System (UCS) components.
- Analyze network workload.
- Monitor network capacity and performance.
- Monitor capacity and performance of UCS components and VoIP network infrastructure.
- Diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Diagnose and resolve UCS components and VoIP network infrastructure problems.
- Develop network backup and recovery procedures.
- Develop backup and recovery procedures of UCS components.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems and UCS software components.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network and VoIP infrastructure services.
- Provide support to donor specific audits, internal.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems engineer with focus on network and telecommunications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- ICT principles, methods and practices related to networks.
- Network architecture, topology and protocols.
- Systems administration procedures and technical support practices of Unified Communications System platform and VoIP technology and network infrastructure components.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18127 Network Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 27 February 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.