The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking an experienced and resourceful Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) to join USAID funded agricultural R4D project focused on efficient surface water irrigation, scale-appropriate mechanization, and conservation agriculture, to sustainably intensify cropping systems in Southern Bangladesh and the scaling program.
The position will be based at Bangladesh, Barisal.
- Help to plan, operationalize, and implement the project M&E system in collaboration with the Project Manager, Project teams, partners and the MEL team.
- Ensure documentation of project processes, research data archiving, and contribute to periodic evaluation of progress and the drawing of lessons learnt.
- Help the MEL Specialist and Project Manager to coordinate donor reporting and communications.
- Collaborate with the Project and CIMMYT MEL team to ensure alighnment between the project’s and CIMMYT’s Research Management Frameowrks.
- Assist the MEL Specialist and Project Manager to develop regular reports based on the systematic collection and analysis of monitoring information; and contribute the periodic evaluations of progress in project implementation.
- Support Project Management and implementation teams in analysis of M&E data using MS Access
- Coach field scientists on the proper management and archiving of research information according to CIMMYT protocols.
- Contribute in the development of practical tools/support materials to empower scientists and partners to use and mainstream good MEL principles.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (for research) OR Technical, vocational or professional qualification requiring 2 or more years’ study.
- Thorough knowledge of the field of work or specialized equipment.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience.
- Ability to analyze data, situations or problems, evaluate possible courses of action and choose.
- Sufficient competency to use the standard Windows-based software for word processing, spread-sheets, presentations, and email used at CIMMYT with occasional assistance.
- Proficiency in English language.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Team-Work, Problem-solving and Initiative.
The position is for Bangladeshi National for an initial fixed-term contract of one year with a three-month initial probationary period, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT will provide a nationally competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive health and life insurance, paid vacation, contributions to a retirement plan, and a range of other benefits as required by Bangladesh Law.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday 20th March 2018 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org) Please indicate Position Name & Job Ref no-B18111 in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.