The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization that generates and promotes improved maize and wheat varieties and cropping systems for farmers in developing countries to ensure global food security and help combat poverty, hunger and malnutrition. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a candidate for a one-year, paid consultancy to work in the Corporate Communications Department.
The consultancy will be based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
The Communications Junior Consultant will work full-time assisting department writers, editors and project managers in duties such as:
- Managing CIMMYT’s bi-monthly newsletter and the news section of CIMMYT’s internal communications platform, InSide CIMMYT.
- Writing, editing and proofing articles for the CIMMYT website, InSide CIMMYT, annual reports, brochures and other institutional marketing tools.
- Developing content about projects, results, meetings and partnerships for CIMMYT’s website and blog.
- Uploading content to the CIMMYT website and supporting maintenance of the website.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of CIMMYT special events.
- Monitoring the media for agricultural development-related articles.
- Drafting/editing content for pamphlets, posters, presentations and other internal documents.
- Other communications and dissemination tasks, as required and agreed.
The ideal candidate will be able to commit for one year and have an undergraduate degree in communications and/or journalism, a proven interest in social media and knowledge and experience in on-line applications. She/he will also have excellent writing and/or editing experience in English. Knowledge of Spanish, science, agriculture and agricultural development are advantages.
CIMMYT offers Junior Consultants a monthly stipend paid in US dollars, a housing allowance, health insurance and an airline ticket to and from Mexico. CIMMYT will assist in obtaining necessary travel documents, including a work visa.
To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest, a resume, two writing samples, and contact information for two references to: Laura Strugnell Corporate Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.