The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. As an International Research Center, CIMMYT has a very modern IT infrastructure and advanced IT solutions which provides for an interesting and challenging IT environment with many opportunities to learn more. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of IT and Conference Support Professional to work in the Information Technologies Unit (ITU) in CIMMYT. The selected candidate will help us provide ICT support and manage telephone and web conferences, and to be a proactive part of our global IT team. The work covers installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining ICT hardware and software; and organizing, facilitating, and monitoring telephone and web conferences. As such, the position offers opportunities to work with virtual conferencing systems and ISO 20000 processes to fulfilling IT service requests.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure that telephone and web conferences are used as productive tools within CIMMYT and with partners, which implies both the technical quality and the appropriate use.
- Organize, facilitate, and monitor telephone and web conferences.
- Coordinate and monitor the use and quality of telephone and web conference facilities in CIMMYT.
- Evaluate CIMMYT’s telephone and web conference facilities and tools, and make recommendations on platforms and third-party service features.
- Elaborate best practice guidelines both in general and for specific locations with Internet bandwidth limitations.
- Prepare training material in English on how to use conference facilities and services.
- Train users in setting up and participating in conferences.
- Help establish and improve conference facilities and services in all CIMMYT offices.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in response to ICT and conference users reported incidents.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in ICT and conference users support requirements.
- Develop and maintain problem tracking and resolution databases.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain ICT and conference users hardware and software.
- Develop and manage ICT and conference users service performance requirements.
- Develop ICT and conference users support policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of conference and customer support services.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- ICT principles, methods, and practices related to ICT and conference support
- ICT services development life cycle management concepts
- ICT and conference support performance monitoring principles and methods
- ICT and conference support quality assurance principles
- Technical support documentation methods and procedures
- Systems security methods and procedures;
- Experience organizing and facilitating telephone and conferences.
- Experience with WebEx conference services.
- Knowledge of relevant on-line communication and collaboration technologies such as WebEx, Skype, BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.
- Experience providing Service Desk/Help Desk support to end users.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Project Management.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18161 IT and Conference Support Professional. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, May 4 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.