The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Import/Export and Contract Coordinator to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in Procurement Department.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Contract control since the signed of agreement until Deliver of Goods or renewal if applicable.
- Manage execution all international Contract signed by Regional Offices until Delivery of goods or execution of services.
- Ensure goods are properly cover by an insurance policy according with CIMMYT rules and Regulations.
- Ensure Goods in Transit are shipped in accordance with CIMMYT rules and regulation and when necessary with the Requirement of the Insurance Company.
- Select and evaluate in coordination with the Supervisor Freight forwarding companies and Custom clearance brokers.
- Freight forwarders & Courier companies’ alignment to CIMMYT.
- Receive Domestic and International purchase orders from buyer’s team to provide close follow up until final destination delivery. (This include transactions by HQ-SCU and transaction conducted by CIMMYT and the Regional Offices in different countries.
- Complete and update track and trace report with accurate dates, eliminate possible delay on all transactions.
- Lead customs clearance process for all international transaction.
- Ensure shipping and delivery in accordance with condition of the contract and proper reception by the client.
- Other duties requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Logistics, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of International Trade experience or performing similar roles.
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as, complex data analysis, careful judgment, structured process execution and problem-solving capacity.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and preferred basic knowledge of AX Dynamics or other similar ERP.
- Experience in dealing with freight forwarders and custom brokers.
- Work is occasionally checked and errors soon become apparent and can be corrected with moderate cost and/or delays.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18111 Import/Export and Contract Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 1 February 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.