The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Hub Manager to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) in CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s campus in Cd. Obregón, Sonora.
- Bring together a wide range of public and private organizations, farmers and growers, universities and colleges, to design tests, validate and effectively deliver integrated technology solutions for the development and dissemination of sustainable agriculture in the area of influence of the Hub.
- Define local needs and identify relevant technologies for agriculture that offer a high potential impact on the productivity of the agricultural system in the region of the Hub.
- Implement action integrated plans to generate adaptation and extension of technology.
- Promote and encourage partnerships between the public and private sectors to improve the implementation and expansion of sustainable technologies.
- Collaborate in improving local training materials and approaches for implementing the activities of frontline with extension staff, farmers and the private sector in a coordinated manner.
- Monitor activities and develop strategies and methods to quantify the impacts of extension technologies in the Hub’s regions.
- Coordinate technical support and field activities assigned to the Hub.
- Develop a record and report the tasks performed as well as the results achieved in the assigned project(s).
- Responsible for basic administration, budgets, financial transactions, etc. supported by an Administrative Assistant and in liaison with the Program Management team.
- Assume the exploratory role, make contacts, establish relationships and identify the actors open to collaboration in the Hub’s region.
- Oversee the installation of hub’s infrastructure that includes modules and platforms.
- Report to the immediate supervisor any abnormal situation that occurs in the development of the assigned project for immediate correction.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor Degree in Agronomy or similar fields. A Master’s in similar related field will prove to be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience or the equivalent 4 to 6 field seasons in similar positions or activities.
- Advanced Level in the usage of MS Office suite.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Innovation and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18197 Hub Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 17, 2018 For further information on the selection process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.