The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Data and Systems Manager to work in the Human Resources area of CIMMYT.
The HR Data and Systems Manager is responsible for the gathering, analysis and reporting of HR data at headquarters and at diverse regional locations, in compliance with applicable regulations and policies. This position is responsible to manage the HRIS/Data team and to identify opportunities and implement the provision of highly accurate HR data and analytics to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- In collaboration with the management team, develop a full and detailed understanding of human capital data requirements and availability across the organization including familiarity with all the systems involved in maintaining that data.
- Provide expertise to access data and report from all platforms, and then consolidate data into meaningful reports/presentation. Develop strategies and implement plans to improve the type and quality of data available.
- Assess and analyze human capital data, both horizontally across all programs and vertically within a particular program, unit or country. Use these analyses to provide partners with insights about human capital and partner with the business to determine appropriate measures to assess the impact/effectiveness of changes, programs, training, etc.
- Manage analytics and reporting activities for HR by developing standard reports; designing, running and maintaining ad hoc queries; maintaining data integrity through consistent monitoring, testing and auditing of HR data, etc.
- Provide solutions, analytic observations and business recommendations, and reports on HR metrics to assist HR management in assessing the effectiveness of people management practices, including: recruiting, employee relations, performance management, retention, turnover, talent management, mobility, career progression, etc.
- Analyze sources of HR data mutations and design effective approaches for routine data reconciliation.
- Conduct data audits and data cleansing projects to minimize data errors on integrations and to prepare for cyclical HR programs. Collaborate with stakeholders to escalate and resolve any anomalies as necessary.
- Develop and update the HR Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare supporting document to HR data audit requests, whether internal or funder related.
- Design and maintains the HR Data Model and ensures that just one source of master data exists for each HR Process.
- Ensure the Employee Master Data and Organizational Management structure of the HRIS meets all quality requirements.
- Participate in various HR Projects and delivers the source data for the analysis in the project team.
- Lead and support for Human Resources the implementation of the modules of Dynamics HRM and the management of the HR Systems.
- Design training courses for HR Representatives regarding basic rules for the data entry and data maintenance in Human Resources.
- Any other duty requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in International HR Management, Accounting, IT or related field of study.
- 6+ years of progressive HR experience in a global environment, preferably in Data Management, Compensation and Benefits or HR Information Systems.
- Certification or Proven experience in HR Project Management and proven experience in managing large-scale HR data systems (prefer experience with AX Dynamics).
- Strong analytical skills and uncompromising attention to detail to ensure excellence in the integrity and presentation of information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with competing priorities, managing to deadlines to deliver on all commitments.
- Highly developed ability to provide clear, concise verbal and written explanations for complex concepts so that others get insights from analyses quickly and effectively.
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver results that are consistent with a determined strategy.
- Advanced MS Excel skills that support the ability to organize, analyze, and report information.
- Intermediate MS Access skills to develop databases as appropriate for capturing, analyzing, and reporting data and/or generating forms.
- Support of headquarters and diverse regional offices of global organization.
- Creativity and willingness to develop new models and approaches.
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX is highly desirable and will represent an advantage in the selection.
- Experience working for non-profit, international, or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Customer Orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17235 HR Data and Systems Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 8 December 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.