The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Head of Security to work in the Risk Management Unit (RMU).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure the security and protection of property and personnel of the institution, recording and reporting any situation that may pose a risk.
- Implement CIMMYT security plans, such as emergency response, crisis management, physical security, asset protection, management and investigation of incidents, etc., verifying adherence to the policies and guidelines for the protection and safety.
- Provide guidance to staff responsible for carrying out activities related to and security activities of human and material resources available in the center.
- Coordinate internal investigations and assessment of possible causes of security incidents at the workplace
- Collaborate with the appropriate authorities in the investigation of problems arising in the protection and security within the Centre.
- Conduct periodic risk analysis and propose preventive measures, especially in regards to the level of crime, , violence in the workplace, threats of natural disasters and man-made hazards.
- Detect failures by monitoring the implemented security plans and propose corrections.
- Prepare reports and statistics of security incidents incurred and inform to his/her supervisor of existing security threats.
- Assist in execution of assigned tasks by the immediate supervisor.
- Coordinate the security activities of the security staff at El Batan, Agua Fria and Tlaltizapan.
- Facilitate good working relations between staff in the conduct of daily activities.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security, Public Security or similar.
- At least 10 years of experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation of safety and security activities.
- Proven experience in similar position in a security company or in a private institution. Experience in an international organization will be an advantage.
- Holder of security-related certification such as: ASIS International, PSP (Physical Security Professional).
- Experience in security of physical facilities.
- Experience in administration and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of communication systems.
- Work experience in areas of Industrial Safety, First Aid and experience in conflict management.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Conflict Resolution, Communication, Teamwork, Problem Solving and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity; in addition to these competencies, selected candidate should demonstrate the following managerial competencies: Change Management, People Management and Relation with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17213 Head of Physical Security. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 2 April 2019. For further information on the selection process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.