The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Graphic Designer to work in the Creative Services Unit of the Corporate Communications Department (CC) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Plan, design, select and organize visual elements to create materials intended to communicate specific messages that are functional, creative and innovative, according to the priorities set by the CSM.
- Create innovative graphics for publications and other marketing materials.
- Use InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to create printed and electronic publications and marketing materials. Also designing/formatting for Word, Powerpoint and Acrobat.
- Design/layout for high profile publications, brochures, posters, displays, flyers, brochures, and other printed or digital materials.
- Create/recreate illustrations such as photo illustrations, charts, graphs, maps and drawings for publications and scientific articles. Create basic graphics for print publications and web-based projects.
- Efficiently manage personal time, creating timelines for project production (start dates, interim deadlines and final delivery).
- Research and analyze new web-based platforms in order to match artwork to the best design tool.
- As required, negotiate printer prices, prepare internal quotes and verify printing equipment use. Ensure that vendor purchase orders are processed quickly and correctly.
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the Creative Services Manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience with conceptual knowledge of the most modern design theories, practices and procedures.
- Professional level of experience with InDesign as the primary layout program, and Illustrator as the primary graphics program. Some Photoshop work will also be required.
- Experience in:
- Publication design, acting as lead designer on Corporate Communications’ most important work.
- Produce website updates as needed (with some CSS/Wordpress experience).
- Develop the creative concepts, designs and production of general marketing materials.
- Develop event branding and related marketing materials.
- Produce these quality designs within timeframes that are often very short.
- Upon request, act as a project leader to organize the creative and layout process, create production schedules and work with other team members.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Time Management.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17236 Graphic Designer. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.