The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Graphic Designer to work in the Creative Services Unit of the Corporate Communications Department (CC) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Create high quality, varied designs for annual reports, brochures, posters, displays, flyers, brochures and other printed material as needed.
- Design innovative graphics to support campaigns and updates to CIMMYT websites and the CIMMYT Intranet.
- Create original art such as photo illustrations, charts, graphs, maps and drawings for publications and scientific articles.
- Design event and conference branding, including logos, icons, banners and other promotional items.
- Directly support scientists in professionalizing their presentations.
- Create timelines for project production (start dates, interim deadlines and final deadline) in order to establish realistic client expectations and internal efficiency.
- Research and have knowledge of new design programs and web-based design platforms in order to engage greater audiences.
- Work with external vendors such as printers to prepare quotes, and have experience preparing design files for print.
- Facilitate good working relations between staff in a team environment, and in direct communications with internal clients.
- Carry out any other activity assigned by the direct supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related fields.
- At least 4 years of experience in a design environment such as private art department, graphic design firm or marketing agency.
- Expert use of MAC and Windows-based operating systems and design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe Publisher, Premier Pro and After Effects video editing are a plus, but not required.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and WordPress is required for web-based design.
- Basic knowledge of production, administrative and operating protocols within a communications environment.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- High level or personal time management and organization in a deadline-based environment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, Innovation and Creativity, Pro-Activity, Time Management, and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17236 Graphic Designer. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 13 March 2018. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.