The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Compliance Manager to work in the Finance Department, which is part of the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- As Financial Compliance Manager, you will be the Center of Excellence to Implement and maintain an adequate internal control framework (ICF) over financial reporting based on COSO (or similar frameworks) and documents this output into an Internal Control Manual. You recommend to process owners appropriate controls split in preventative, detective and monitoring controls as part of the combined assurance model.
- Coordinate with process owners to maintain adequate and up-to-date process narratives and flowcharts.
- Review periodically Segregation of Duties matrices and propose mitigation actions for emerging conflicts.
- Periodical testing of control design deficiencies and control operating effectiveness and report findings and recommendations in a deficiency-reporting tool (DRT) as second line of defense.
- Monitors financial compliance to donor grants and makes recommendation for process improvements.
- Reviews and coordinates follow up of Internal and External Audit observations.
- Coordinates Donor Project (External) Audits globally with all programs and corporate service units.
- Other duties as instructed by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The holder of the position must have minimum studies at Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Auditing or similar areas; CPA or CIA qualification is a preference.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting and/or auditing.
- Experience in implementing and maintenance of internal control framework, and advanced knowledge and experience with COSO (or similar models).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant administrative and/or operating protocols and policies of the function.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills. Ability to summarize required large amounts of information.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Incidental travel in Mexico and abroad may be required.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Communication, Problem-Solving, Multi-and Cultural Awareness.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18278 Financial Compliance Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, November 13, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.