The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst with strong focus on Accounting, Cost allocations and Expenses analysis, to work in Financial Planning Unit /Finance under CSP (Corporative Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide financial support to Employee services and Support services units (Internal Units), and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Recommend improvements on internal financial controls and efficiency of internal processes for internal units.
- Enter payments requests in the system while ensuring accuracy of account codes, authorizations and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Calculate Chargeback and user fees and prepare journals in accordance with month end closing calendar.
- To review and make the corresponding adjustments in the system.
- Generate monthly reports and send it to the internal services unit’s managers.
- In charge of getting the support documentation in order to prepare the corresponding Journal in the system for Corporative Credit Cards.
- In charge of getting the support documentation in order to prepare the corresponding Journal in the system for BISA Credit Cards.
- Follow the facilities spaces in Buildings in order to keep updated the facilities Chargeback.
- Make monthly financial analysis on internal units.
- Prepare accurate financial reports in compliance with international and other standards and agreements.
- Work closely with different areas through the organization to obtain the necessary information for financial analysis and correct chargeback application.
- Support direct activities of Financial Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a financial, Accounting, Expenses Analysis and Costing allocations methods.
- Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of relevant and timely management information including the use of visual information.
- Strongly developed analytical skills and the ability to identify financial trends.
- Advance in excel skills.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and to plan.
- Proactive and flexible, able to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, with good written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with different nationalities, under pressure and as a member of diverse work team.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19119 Financial Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 12 February 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.