The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst to work in Financial Planning Unit /Finance under CSP (Corporate Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide support in the Institutional yearly Budget Process (revenues, administration and operational expenses, CAPEX, etc.).
- Make a monthly institutional follow up on Institutional ICC’s document variances; get sign off.
- Review/monitor HR ICC’s transactions and on cost.
- Develop and support Africa and RO’s chargeback systems.
- Follow up Mexico Station chargebacks.
- Support the mid-year chargeback (rates) and On-cost revision.
- Support Institutional Audits.
- Increase monthly financial analysis on internal units (Institutional and support services).
- Support the Budget upload activity for support and Institutional Units in the system ( Microsoft Dynamics “AX”).
- Prepare and send monthly and quarterly financial management information and reports.
- Prepare the budget versus actuals comparisons and analysis.
- Support the maintenance of Institutional master data in in the system (New project codes, new expenses categories, modifications, etc.).
- Manage big databases in order to provide financial analysis.
- Prepare accurate financial reports in compliance with international and other standards and agreements.
- Work closely with different areas through the organization to obtain the necessary information for budget analysis.
- Support the Integrate Management Reporting Package (IMRP) in a monthly bases including explanation of the main variances.
- Respond to ad hoc request for financial information.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a Financial, Budget, Planning and Analysis and Costing role with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of relevant and timely management information including the use of visual information.
- Strongly developed analytical skills and the ability to identify financial trends.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, with good written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Communication, Teamwork, Achievement orientation, Proactivity, Problem-Solving and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18296 Financial Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, January 24, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.