The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking dynamics, self-motivated, and service-oriented professionals for the positions (2) of Data Analysts to work in the Biometrics and Statistics Unit of the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
The positions are based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist scientists and other colleagues in data analyses in their research activities.
- Contribute to improve data analysis methods, techniques and procedures.
- Contribute to training activities.
- Contribute to the research activities of the unit; analyze data and develop new knowledge
- Participate in the publication of research results through annual reports, presentations and refereed journal publications.
- Participate in projects with other research institutions and international organizations.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree or MSc in statistics with strong background in statistical theory.
- Strong knowledge on experimental design and mixed linear models.
- Knowledge on other statistical methods: Multivariate analysis, Bayesian analysis
- Proficiency and experience in data analysis with statistical software SAS and R.
- Desirable experience in programming language (SAS, R, C++ or Python for example).
- Intermediated level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Pro-Activity, Teamwork, and Innovation
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18289 Data Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, December 6, 2018.For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.