The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is looking for an innovative, proactive and independent professional for the consultancy of Support to the development of Innovative Business Strategies. The consultant will directly support the Business Innovation Director office to develop and complement the strategies that are being lined out in a timely manner and plan action to increase scalability of the ideas developed and implemented as well as to improve the stakeholder management and CIMMYT’s positioning.
The location of the consultancy will be in the United States of America.
- Follow up the multi-actor alliance KSS including:
- Attend and follow up the executive weekly calls.
- Attend and follow up the biweekly coordination calls.
- Support the development of project proposals, business plans and work plans for the outlook nexus scenarios, humanitarian integration with the CGIAR and multiple breadbasket failure study.
- Contribute to the development of a white paper and pilot implementation plan of integration of humanitarian world and international agricultural research including the CGIAR.
- Support the development of agrifood systems for national and international security concepts such agriculture and risk & resilience, and agriculture & national security by developing white papers and content notes.
- Support the development innovative business models.
- Prepare background material and relevant documents for the different missions that will be performed.
- Develop high level policy and conceptual documents.
- Support the preparation of the missions´ schedule.
- Develop follow up including drafting communications as required.
- Support the development of a strategy to maintain awareness and support for CIMMYT in the USA public and private sector.
- Support the stakeholder management strategy for the innovative business strategies with public and private partners:
- Mapping and regularly updating the relevant stakeholders.
- Following up on key stakeholder interactions in the Americas.
- Prepare background material, relevant high-level executive documents and participation strategies for the high-level forums such as World Economic Forum in Latin America, World Food Prize, among others.
- Support the development of a strategy to position CIMMYT in global fora in the following topics:
- Integration of humanitarian world and CGIAR.
- Responsible sourcing.
- Agrifood systems research for development.
- Support project reporting duties as required.
- Support concept note development as required.
- Other assignments as requested by direct supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Degree in international relations, public policies or related fields.
- Experience in national security, international development and conflict.
- Experience in development of high-level conceptual notes and policy briefs.
- Capacity to synthesize and conceptualize.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
The consultancy is for initial twelve (12) months, after which further contract is subject to performance and success in securing funding commitments.
Candidates must apply online to IRS18142 Consultancy- Support to the development of Innovative Business Strategies and resource mobilization for the Americas. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, January 7, 2019.
Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This consultancy will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.