The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Agronomic Impact Evaluation Specialist to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and implement various standard monitoring/evaluation protocols (including questionnaires and survey designs) for different projects.
- Develop proposals for conducting base line studies, process review, monitoring and evaluation studies and impact assessment studies for various donor/partner organizations.
- Ensure all project reports are produced on time with high quality.
- Prepare, implement, and modify a master evaluation plan for a group of agronomic information.
- Develop processes for collecting and monitoring metrics to complement evaluation activities.
- Conduct evaluation activities, which may include instrument development/delivery (focus groups, in-depth interviews, brief telephone or web surveys), writing summary reports on the evaluation activities, and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with the Project and CIMMYT team to ensure alignment between the project’s and CIMMYT’s Research Management Frameworks.
- Contribute in the development of practical tools / support materials to empower scientists and partners to use and mainstream good principles.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural or Rural Development, Data Management, Project Management or related field, with particular interest in Monitoring & Evaluation of planned interventions or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in the field.
- Knowledge of STATA, SPSS or any other standard economic software package.
- Good experience in M&E systems working in the context of large bi-lateral donor funded projects, especially for USAID.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, USAID M&E requirements and Feed the Future evaluation indicators.
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts (Logical Frameworks, Theory of Change, or similar approaches)
- Familiarity with data archiving systems, databases, and experience training researchers or M&E specialists in their use.
- Demonstrated experience with use of participatory and gender sensitive methods for rural appraisals and data collection.
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural contexts.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Advanced user in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness, Teamwork, Proactive, Problem-Solving and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18167 Agronomic Impact Evaluation Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, May 17 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.