The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Agricultural Machinery Operator depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA).
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA), Ludhiana.
- Mechanical planting with limit plot planter and Harvesting of research trials with Winterstiger plot harvester.
- Maintenance of Winterstiger plot combine and limit plot planter.
- Keep all parts in order and maintain record of consumables needed for the harvester and planter.
- Management of wheat breeding trials which includes: field layout, seed preparation, sowing, fertilizer and weed management, harvesting, threshing and seed storage.
- Recording of physiological, agronomic and yield data as instructed by the supervisor.
- Data entry in computer.
- Co-ordination with other project staff of CIMMYT/BISA in ongoing wheat trials.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum qualification is Intermediate (10+2) with 4 years of experience in field experiments or graduation in agriculture.
- Familiar with farm machinery and agricultural tools used in agricultural research trials.
- Ability to operate heavy farm machinery and to do mechanical planting of research trials.
- Knowledge of computer especially Microsoft Office Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good understanding of crop management practices, especially in wheat based systems.
- Experience in handling wheat breeding/pathology experiments in the field will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English is desirable.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday, 17 April, 2018 to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN18111 the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.