The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Coordinator to work in the Global Maize Program (GMP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Organize and lead all logistics related matters for meetings/training of the GMP in Mexico (including booking rooms, organizing catering, flights, hotels, taking minutes, etc.).
- Compile, formatting and support for the preparation of training documents: programs, presentations, reports, taking photographs, registration of assistants, etc.
- Identify potential external training providers and manage training vendor relationships (for training outside CIMMYT experimental stations).
- GMP-Mexico stakeholder’s management (including seed companies).
- Assist in all communications with other members of the organization, external stakeholders, follow up to meetings and other key issues related to the GMP seed systems in Mexico.
- Control and monitor of the GMP cooperators (for delivery of information in a timely manner).
- Assist in the preparation, edition, formatting, scanning, drafting, and dispatch and filing documents (including reports for donors).
- Clean up of databases for delivery to donors.
- Prepare translations and communications (written formal communication is required).
- Follow-up of collaboration agreements (payments and monitoring the delivery of technical and financial reports).
- Capture and review of collaborators’ expenses.
- Capture and update of databases (subgrants, services, stakeholders, etc.)
- Monitor and control of fixed assets and special equipment.
- Coordinate with program assistants for the control of GMP students in Mexico.
- Prepare standard reports (e.g. monthly activity reports) and give tracing to user requests.
- Book of purchase requisitions (including assistance in requesting quotes), petty cash reimbursements, prepayments and payments to suppliers and consultants.
- Assist to scientists for hiring personnel.
- Compile and process administrative activities related to the area, including but not limited to expense reports and reimbursements.
- Execute activities as assigned by supervisors.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, teamwork, decision making, and achievement orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18298 Administrative Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, January 21, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.