The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP). Please note that this position is a strictly temporary (6 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar, setting appointments and providing briefings on each day as required.
- Make appointments (doctor appointments, visa appointments, etc.) for program staff and request driver services.
- Send publications of scientists to the CIMMYT library, and request publications to CIMMYT library that scientists may want (or purchase them and give them to the library).
- Maintain publication shelf, staff photos and other interior decorations in program office.
- Organize travel arrangements for supervisor, including purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations, as well as creating and maintaining a schedule for all trips.
- Respond to incoming calls and requests.
- Prepare, edit, format and scan Word, PPT and Excel documents as needed and compile required signatures for various documents as requested.
- Process supervisor’s official expenses and reimbursements (e.g. utility costs), ensuring timely payment of invoices and credit card.
- Process consultant and vendor payments (invoices from service providers and/or collaborators; fill in forms to register vendors within internal system).
- Prepare purchase orders and personnel requests.
- Follow up on internal and external process and requests (finance, purchasing, IT, maintenance, etc.).
- Organize logistics for internal and external visitors: booking local lodging, preparing per diem, requesting driver services, preparing programs, etc.
- Coordinate renewal of visas and request renewal of passport.
- Maintain contacts, files and databases for supervisor up to date, including entering new contacts and updating current ones.
- Request office supplies and if needed warehouse and/or greenhouse supplies.
- Other activities as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 6-months performing similar roles.
- Intermediate level in English language (Candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Proactive, Communication and Time Management.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M18236 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, August 31, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.