The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Global Wheat Program (GWP).
The selected candidate will be based at CIMMYT Toluca Experiment station, located at: Calle Hidalgo S/N, Col. San Sebastián, Metepec, Estado de México. C.P.52146.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Provide administrative and financial support to the supervisor, including but not limited to managing schedule, preparation of payments, reports, travel, and general administrative support.
- Respond and report incoming calls and requests.
- Process supervisor’s official expenses and reimbursements, ensuring timely payment of invoices and credit cards.
- Prepare purchase orders, personnel requests, checks, and other documents including but not limited to recommendation letters, Conagua reports, etc. as needed.
- Keep a check on vehicles such as maintenance requirements, emissions tests, fuel consumption, and assignment to users.
- Organize events and internal and external visitors: booking local lodging, preparing per diem, requesting driver services, preparing programs, etc.
- Manage petty cash and office supplies.
- Update supervisor contacts, files, and databases.
- Serve as backup to Payroll Technician A when absent.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- High School Degree in Administration or in other related fields.
- Minimum 1-year performing similar roles.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness, Teamwork, Proactive, Problem-Solving and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18139 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 15 March 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.