The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Analyst to work in the Finance Department of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets processes, including but not limited to:
- Supporting documentation and fiscal requirements review.
- Booking of purchase orders, petty cash reimbursements, checks issuance, prepayments and expense allocations for multi-currency operations.
- A.T. posting and its refunding process.
- Liaise with representatives of the Mexican Ministry of Treasury.
- Adequate coding of expenditures.
- Process payment proposals in accordance with payments schedule and confirm payments details to suppliers.
- Vendor and fixed assets master databases set-up and maintenance.
- Send accounts statements of corporate credit cards and personal accounts.
- Posting of fixed assets transaction for HQ, Experimental Stations and Regional Offices, including activations, deactivations, transfers, sales, work in progress and depreciation.
- Conduct auctions of fixed assets.
- Perform annual counting of fixed assets.
- Assign new or damaged inventory tags to fixed assets.
- Monthly accounting of closing per deadlines, including appropriate accruals booking, prepayments closing, account reconciliation, kpi’s and financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and both local and foreign regulations.
- Validate and track information provided for internal and external audits.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and policies and improve performance measurements and quality controls.
- Enhance workflows and procedures.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service by resolving questions and issues quickly and accurately.
- Support users for ERP’s operations.
- Support the implementation of employee expense reporting tool and provide support to users.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is highly desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Pro-activity, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Communication, Teamwork and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.