The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accountant to work in the Global Maize Program (GMP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s experimental station in Agua Fria, located at Col. Tumbadero Escobal, Venustiano Carranza, Puebla.
- Receive invoices from suppliers and registering/capturing them into the accounting records of CIMMYT accounting software, using the correct coding based upon the approval of the budget holder Conduct financial analysis of the costs and benefits.
- Prepare payments to third party suppliers, government institutions and/or salary payment to temporary staff based upon approved payroll records.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement.
- Prepare and disburse advance payments to staff when needed and do proper follow up to receive final receipts to settle the advance payments.
- Support individual tagging of fixed asset and support in annual fixed asset verification check.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Support inventory and or consumables verification.
- Carry out the registration and accounting control for all the income and expenses of the Station, in order to have clear, timely and precise information.
- Prepare the corresponding accounting journals.
- Maintain a control on the Checkbook of the Station.
- Carry all chargeback charges to the programs for the use of the experimental lots.
- Process all quotation prices of products and / or services that the station may need to acquire, through suppliers and distributors in the area.
- Prepare requests for materials required by the Station to the Maize Program Warehouse in El Batan.
- Maintain control over the petty cash, which covers minor maintenance and operating expenses, not to exceed the authorized amount.
- Keep track of the vehicles of the Station in relation to: gasoline vouchers, maintenance, license plates, holdings, licenses, etc.
- Coordinate the sale of grains and products of the Station, through controls and management of resources.
- Carry all necessary administrative activities for the proper functioning of the administrative area, such as: telephone calls, files, attention to staff and visitors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Public Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar areas.
- Minimum 3 years of Accounting experience or performing similar roles.
- Intermediate Level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity and Problem-solving.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18177 Accountant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 25 May 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.