The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional to provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data for the position of Project Manager to work in CIMMYT-Iran and report to the country representative and projects’ managements.
The position will be based at CIMMYT – Iran Office in Karaj 40 Km west of Tehran, Iran.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by document financial transactions and analyze account information.
- Recommend financial actions and summarize current financial status by collecting information (preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports).
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by country representative/supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- BA/BS in Finance/Civil or Public Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role processing and recording financial and accounting information.
- The selected candidate should have strong working experience with QuickBooks.
- Ability to analyze data and evaluate possible courses of action.
- Experience preparing financial reports.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level (ERP and MS Office Suite: Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local and English language.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity including ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Strategic Thinking, Decision-Making, Teamwork, Pro-activity, Achievement orientation and Relationship Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to IR17114 Accountant. For further information on the selection process, please contact Dr. M. R. Jalal Kamali (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.